Friday, April 12, 2013

my favorite movie ever: heathers

Hiii, welcome back to my blog. Get ready for a lot of gifs, guys!!! :D

This is a tribute post to the greatest social satire/black comedy/romance of the 1980's/ever: Heathers, starring Winona Ryder and Christian Slater (!!!) aka the Dream Team. It's sort of disturbing and unrealistic and romantic and ridiculous and awful and you feel bad for laughing at it and you feel bad for being in love with JD and you feel bad for being glad when they kill Heather #1 and I'm so so so in love with it. I have a lot of feelings about this movie, so bear with me, folks.


Watch this, omg:


Mostly it's just a movie that is holistically brilliant: it's visually beautiful, for one thing, which is weird considering that it's mostly just a combination of hot people + 80's clothes + fake blood + , but it's also the cinematography and the camera work and even the lighting. The film just looks good. And then the screenplay is, like, omgwow, smart and funny and quotable and poignant and moving. And Winona Ryder's character, Veronica, uses a monocle to write in her diary. And they listen to "Teenage Suicide" by Big Fun. Everything is good.

I just... I meant to only get a couple of gifs and pictures to show you, but it was really hard because literally every scene is really really good, so I went a little bit overboard when I was picking my favorites. 

*But just look at all of this cinematic magic and beauty*







  













 





























  





And here are the cutests (awwww):




BUT HERE IS MY ULTIMATE SUPERFAVORITE OF THE WHOLE ENTIRE MOVIE, YOU GUYS, YOU GUYS, BUT LIKE:



My emotions have gotten a little bit out of control while I've been writing this post, so I think I need to wrap it up. I just literally spent 7 minutes debating back and forth which version of the  Christian-Slater-pulling-out-a-gun gif I should use.

So that's all. This isn't even a post, it's just a very loud and very blatant declaration of my ultimate fangirliness. I'm obsessed with everything.

I like this movie and if you watch it, we could talk about it.

Love you.


"People will look at the ashes of Westerburg and say, 'Now there's a school that self-destructed, not because society didn't care, but because the school was society.'" (J.D.)

-Avery Jalaine 



5 comments:

  1. I kinda want to see this now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Our love is God, let's go get a [Coke/Mango] slushie."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's do the traditional Legends Pizza/Movie night on Wednesday.
    Good use of gifs.

    Ur so rad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I watched it.

    NOW I truly understand the brilliance of this movie and this post you and OMG thank you for making this wonderful post but thank you more for introducing me to "Heathers".

    I'd like to copy and paste this whole post to my blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had been hearing aboutthis movie for ages and finally decided to watch it after watching pump up the volume and sweet lord baby jesus mother of God. I've watched that movie four times in the last 48 hours and i had to force myself to stop because JD's badass babeness was literally making my vagina ache. There's still a lot that I'm trying to figure outt with this movie. i still dont understand the ending.

    ReplyDelete

Oh thanks. You're pretty.