Wednesday, February 8, 2012

why i haven't blogged in 29 days



A poem named, "Why I Haven't Blogged in 29 Days". Or, "It Isn't Because I Don't Love You Anymore".

(this isn't really a poem. more like an apology.)






It's because nothing is ever good enough for you anymore. 

And you're too hard to satisfy. You're always hungry, even after the bread and the tea, and I've set out the pasta salad and the tuna fish and the brie, and I've refilled your bowl and I've re-refilled your bowl, and I'm rummaging through the cabinets as we speak. Still hungry, even after the meat. 

What's good enough for you?

What's good enough for you?

What can I say to you (what can I feed you?) that will finally fill you up? I'm not bitter, I'm just poor. I'm not angry, I'm just running out of hors d'oeuvres. The shelves are high, but I've stocked them with canned beets.

Is that what you're hungry for? Beets?

Here's one for you: I can't sleep.

Here's another one: I doubt that you can either.

There's some peanut butter in the fridge if you're still hungry. Help yourself.

Help yourself.










Weak ankles.
-Avery Jalaine
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thanks. You're pretty.