Wednesday, August 24, 2011

but you said so






I can't talk about high school because I make faces in the hallways. And I don't know what to do with my hands.

I can't talk about high school because of the fluorescent lighting. And those mirrors in the halls. And it's funny but it's sad that there isn't that new-carpet smell like last year. And I still get lost, three years later.

I can't talk about high school because I wore a black cardigan and it was about 100 degrees and I can't talk about high school when my shirt never stays tucked in.

I can't talk about high school because there's someone who isn't talking to me and someone who is and it's making me stressed out and Addy goes to American Fork. I can't talk about high school because I'm so hungry and just because I've met you once doesn't mean that I can form intelligent conversation with you.

I can't talk about high school because I'm too tired, so that's why I keep falling asleep everywhere and I can't talk about high school because my locker is in a new spot and that makes me anxious. I can't talk about high school because of the sophomores and stop asking me if I'm excited to graduate. I'm not.

I can't talk about high school because it isn't summer anymore. And something about it makes it seem like I just made up this whole long lie about summer and if I told you about it, you wouldn't believe me. Like it never happened at all.






That's not very likely.
-Avery Jalaine

2 comments:

  1. I can talk about high school because I tuck my shirts in, in the hallway.
    You can't talk about high school because your string-bow belt is difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't talk about high school, because if I do, I might possibly throw up real quick.

    ReplyDelete

Oh thanks. You're pretty.