Wednesday, June 1, 2011

wind knocked out




I should have counted the days, because isn't this a surprise?


No more finals. No more Mondays. No more dusty trophy case and pretending to examine it because I feel bad that no one ever looks. No more pretty senior boys. No more new-red-carpet-smell. No more perfect locker #1190.

Just one last love letter in someone's yearbook, and I think they're ugly anyway.



There's summer, but that's temporary. There's senior year, but that's a joke.


I'm all grown up now. Hardly seventeen-years-old and my life seems very small and very large all at once.


I don't even know what this means. How could I forget so many days? I can't remember February. I barely remember last week.






And then I got an iPhone.
-Avery Jalaine


3 comments:

  1. I thought you'd like to know that the word verification for my previous post was "oddisms". New. Favorite. Word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must agree. We are growing up too fast in this crazy place we call Earth.

    ReplyDelete

Oh thanks. You're pretty.