Thursday, April 14, 2011

i've got places to go, got walls to climb






When I try to communicate, walls fall.





Paper cuts are love songs
And freight trains are men

with bad tempers

And the sugar and salt shakers

which do not behave well

because of the pepper jar

and the oil

and the maple syrup in that plastic bottle

and it's cheap but tastes fine

are you and I

And pepper and
oil and

maple syrup

keep us apart.

There aren't enough sitcoms in the world

to keep us laughing.

You are the steam

And I am the smoke.




Makes me feel seasick.
-Avery Jalaine



p.s. this is my favorite song from the Young Veins album that I just bought: "Everyone But You". have a listen.

1 comment:

  1. A still life of lonely and processed food. That's what this song is.

    ReplyDelete

Oh thanks. You're pretty.