Saturday, March 5, 2011

wishful thinking (with cats)




Oh, how I wish that I was a cat.



If you said something that I didn't like, I'd scratch your face.

If you blew on my ears, I'd scratch your face.

If you poked me because I was accidentally sleeping on the TV remote, I'd scratch your face.



If I hated you, I'd hiss at the sight of you.



If I was tired, I'd sit down on the floor and then go to sleep there.



If I was cold and you looked warm, I'd climb up on to you and put my head in your sweater.





Oh, fascination.
-Avery Jalaine

2 comments:

  1. Cats are my favorite animals. Because they are the best animals. No arguments there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe not the best animals*--I mean, there are a lot of animals--but they're definitely the most honest. A dog will always love you, even if you're cruel, but a cat will tell it like it is.


    (*Don't tell Miss Puddin' Pop I said that. Actually, for the sake of all things smooth and snaggy, I take it back. Cats are the bestest. It might even be true.)

    ReplyDelete

Oh thanks. You're pretty.