Thursday, March 17, 2011

mint chocolate chip



Today Lorin said to me and Zack, "Avery hates everybody."


I don't hate everybody.

I don't even hate most people.
I just don't exactly like most people. But I do like to exaggerate.

So there you have it, me saying "I hate her" and "I hate him" and also "I hate you" left and right.

I don't hate everyone, just some people and then general dislike.


Take my hate with a grain of salt. Actually, take it pretty literally in most cases, because you never know. I just might hate everything.


Which, sometimes, I do.



Okay, I get it. Worst post ever. Happy St. Patrick's Day (Erin go bragh!)





Pinch me.
-Avery Jalaine

3 comments:

  1. CS Lewis On the Conservation of Language:
    "Don't use words too big for the subject. Don't say 'infinitely' when you mean 'very'; otherwise you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite."
    With this in mind, I am endeavoring to use the word "love" only for things that I truly love, otherwise it will become hum-drum and I will be forced to add "very, very, very, ad infinitum" to the beginning of an actual profession, which would be both tedious and unfortunate because he might have lost interest completely by the time I got to the point or else think me immature and perhaps a bit odd for talking in such childish terms.
    Anywhoodle! Don't use the word "hate" so lightly, or else what will you do when you are faced with something truly abhorrent?
    End transmission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I don't remember that. But, whatever. :P
    P.B.S. Public broadcasting system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I <3 hipster kitty

    ReplyDelete

Oh thanks. You're pretty.