Friday, January 14, 2011

Complimentary Grain






Lately I've been spending a lot of my Google and blog-stalking computer time on
FreeRice.com. Ever heard?


You define words and fight world hunger. It's a win-win thing.



Get one word right and earn 10 grains of rice. This is me doing charity.




If there's approximately 3500 grains of rice in one bowl (this from Google..), then you have to get 350 words before you actually accomplish anything worth bragging about, except I think that this is achievable mostly because it just asked me "Soar means: a. jingle b. fly high c. donate d. refute" and obviously I could've won this game in second grade.



End world hunger.



Sing. Fail tests.

-Avery Jalaine

4 comments:

  1. I love free rice! I used to be a total junky, but I don't have (make) as much time for it as I used to. Though, seeing as how world hunger is still an issue (what, we haven't fixed that yet?), I'll slide it back into my internet routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I have some music for you: Cameras by Matt and Kim and Pumped Up kicks by Foster the People. These are my two favorite songs at the moment; the first one makes me dance completely against my own will and the second one reminds me of riding bikes in fall through constellations of autumnal leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa-goodness! I just barely discovered Matt & Kim not ten minutes before I read these comments.


    Spooky..
    :) You've got taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. as soon as i read this
    i went to free rice!

    ReplyDelete

Oh thanks. You're pretty.