Thursday, October 21, 2010

Something exciting has happened to me, and its name is: I Went to Barnes & Noble and Bought Zombies vs. Unicorns with My Book Card.

Highly anticipated, and it was just as epic-y epic as I imagined it. Shiny, smells bookish, is full of unicorns. And zombies. And everyone I love.

I scream-laughed when I saw it. This is a perfect event.


So, in essence, this post was just for me to brag about my new book, but I'd also like to offer up two questions to get your little brains working. Here they are:

1. Team Zombie or Team Unicorn?

2. This challenge was offered on Tumblr: The object to your left is now your weapon of choice in the upcoming zombie apocalypse. What is it?

Answer: Crayons. Oh no.


Good luck.



Just barricade yourself in Wal-Mart. You're good for months.
-Avery Jalaine

4 comments:

  1. Team Unicorn, Obviously because they're pretty. And some can fly. And somehow are always present with a Rainbow. Rainbows and Unicorns=my favorite things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Team Zombie, of course. Because Zombies are unendingly sexy and really rather hysterical in every way. Unicorns are... Nice?

    Cache is attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am torn.



    It's making me frustrated that there is no way for me to stalk Cache. He's an elusive character.


    Also, in favor of zombies, one will give you a piggyback and you don't even have to be a virgin. Can't say the same for unicorns.

    Yet.. I've never seen a rainbow zombie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doomed. My weapon is a calculator. What am I going to do, math them to death?

    Obviously I'm Team Zombie. I love zombie lit. It satisfies all my reading desires; action, life or death situations, pathology, post apocalyptic societies, exestentialism, and just the right amount of gore. A good writer (Mira grant, Max Brooks, Carrie Ryan) will always bring some new angle to the subgenre and really bring out the potential of zombies. No other creature is as versatile as zombies, which is why I choose them over every other beasty.

    PS I have PvsZ too. I got it signed by Scott Westerfeld which was pretty cool. He's a very charming dude. I don't really get excited about autographs, but I love strangers' handwriting. I'd prefer to have a complete stranger write a message or thought on the fly leaf than have an author autograph my book, to be quite honest.
    But anyway! My favorite stories were Bouganvillia by Carrie Ryan (love her!) and The Third Virgin. That was one creepy unicorn!
    Sorry about writing a novella. I always write too much in comments.

    ReplyDelete

Oh thanks. You're pretty.