Saturday, August 7, 2010

Going Places



Song(s) of the Day: Chasing Pavements by Adele
& also;

Nothing to Worry About by Peter Bjorn & John
(which happens to be my text-tone on my cellphone at this exact moment.)

I've been wallowing.

There are less than three weeks until high school starts again --- 18 days, mind you --- and I've been wallowing. In spite of me knowing that this is the perfect time to climb aboard the Summer-and-Oh-So-Interesting wagon, I somehow can't bring myself to wake up early and do random things outside and make the most of this last dwindling month of freedom. Instead, I wallow. Wallowing, in this case, being an utter lack of self-preservation: a whole lot of eating cubed watermelon, listening to Muse while attempting to yoga-fy myself into lotus-position, ignoring my Honors English packet (except for one time), waking up at 12:30 (an accomplishment: it was before 1!), and reading smuggled books at an alarming rate. I'm up to eight books in six days which, frankly, is downright disgusting. These past few days, I seemed to be on a strike against make-up.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

And so finally, after days and days of lying around like a dead cat, I feel like doing something. I feel like getting up. I feel like being curious. I feel like going somewhere. I feel like going places.

I think I'll walk there, wherever there is today. Perhaps a swing. Perhaps a grocery store and then kitty-corner to Roxberry. Perhaps the moon.

Here's what I would do, if I were you: put on some leggings and paint your toenails, then trot on over to the nearest Smith's and buy yourself some Bolthouse Farms prickly pear cactus lemonade. Then draw a picture with crayons and then eat some watermelon. Playlist two songs for me: The Potential Breakup Song by Aly & AJ and also 7 Things by Miley Cyrus. Have a dance party. Reward yourself with a bean-and-cheese burrito at Del Taco. You deserve it.


Reach a little farther. You're almost there.
-Avery Jalaine
p.s. don't mess me with anymore because my mom bought me pepper spray.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thanks. You're pretty.