Thursday, July 22, 2010

New Perspective



Thought of the Day: "I am not going to die, I'm going home like a shooting star." -Sojourner Truth
Song of the Day: New Perspective by Panic! At the Disco

Things have got me thinking. It's July 22nd. There's one month of summer left. One month to reinvent before it's back to backstabbing, back to gossip, back to exhaustion, back to school.

So I'm brandishing this new perspective that I dreamed up for myself. Why shouldn't things work out perfectly, even when they don't? Why shouldn't life be wonderful? Why shouldn't I love time, or the lack thereof? Why shouldn't I be beautiful? Why shouldn't I be like a child again, amazed by everything? Why shouldn't mountains move for me? I certainly don't see why they should not.

I'm just tired of being tethered down by myself. By the world. Even by my friends, although they don't mean to. I just want to finally be my own person. I want to stop hiding behind fa├žades and other people that have already kicked aside the way the world sees them. I want to be fabulous.

The world is so bright, it's so ever-changing, and here I am, doing the same things that I do everyday. "What do you want to do?", "I don't know. What do you want to do?" Why can't everyday be better than yesterday?

And so here are my new daily goals:

Do something new everyday.
Do everything without caring what someone else is thinking of me.
Be outside for an hour a day.
Be outrageously healthy... except for once a day.
Count to ten when I'm angry, instead of letting myself boil and explode.
Talk to people, tell them how I really feel.

And so begins the second start of summer for Avery Jalaine Taylor. I guess you, my dear blog, shall be the first to hear about my success. I refuse to think that I will fail.

Stop there and let me correct it,
I wanna live a life from a new perspective.
You come along because I love your face,
And I'll admire your expensive taste.
And who cares? Divine intervention.
I wanna be praised from a new perspective,
But leaving now would be a good idea,
So catch me up I'm getting out of here.


It might just be the most perfect day you have ever lived. So why are you still here?
-Avery Jalaine


1 comment:

  1. This post is so inspiring avery! I cannot wait to hear how everything goes for you! We should hang out again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Oh thanks. You're pretty.