Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cute Boys with Cats


Today, as I was tumbling through the Tumblr universe --- a site that I adore and spend far, far, far too many hours on --- I fell upon a brilliant page entitled "Cute Boys with Cats" and fell in love with it. I don't know who the genius is that thought of it, but I'm largely indebted to them for at least forty-five minutes of pure amusement. Thank you Cute Boys with Cats people, you're quite smart.


On a separate note of things that I love immensely, here are two more things to add to my ever-growing list:
  • First, Frozen Yogurt. I didn't just barely discover the stuff. I've known about it for a decent part of my life. I've just never had the chance to create-my-own-'gurt like at Frozen Yogurt Junction or Yogurt Bliss. It's empowering. Plus tasty. And there are a large percentage of flavors that are completely nonfat. Or at least lowfat. That makes me think that my health is a contributer to this new obsession. If you want, we could get some together. Call me.
  • Second, I finally {illegally} downloaded The Treasure Map of Boys by E. Lockhart. It's the third installment in the Ruby Oliver books {First, The Boyfriend List and then The Boy Book} and before you go all judging me based on the general boy-craziness and lack of any sort of depth or worth from the titles, I must defend myself: these books are awesome. I mean, true, they are boy-crazy and frankly, quite petty reads, but they're smart. E. Lockhart is a terrific writer --- hilarious, witty, ironic --- and the characters and plot are engrossing, no matter how shallow and immature. I think about them at night, and might even on occasion attempt to talk like Ruby or perhaps even Google vintage clothing websites. They're addictive books, people. I'm highly in love with them.
And that's all for now, I think. Oh wait, here's a thought for if you're feeling slutty, straight out of The Treasure Map of Boys: "No happiness fairy is going to fly down and make everything fine; and just because the happiness fairy seems to be six feet tall and desperately cute and touches your leg, that's no reason to believe he actually exists." Now you can't be skanky, because you're enlightened by that wisdom. You're welcome.

I'm going to go wash my hair and find some ugly clothes to wear and try to scrounge up some friends to go eat yogurt with me.

You're fantastic. You're gorgeous. You're fabulous and no one can tell you otherwise. You're lucky to be you.
-Avery Jalaine

1 comment:

  1. I just ordered The Boy Friend List and am awaiting its arrival. I'm glad it has your stamp of approval. ;)
    I love E's special brand of chick-lit above all others. Meg cabot used to be a favorite of mine, back when my favor was easily bought and all a book needed was a cute boy and a happily ever after, but it got to be too cloying and bubbly. I was close to giving up on the subgenre all together, just washing my hands of chick-lit entirely, when I found The Disreputable History of Franky Landeau-Banks. I loved it. Also loved Dramarama by E., it was fabulous. I suppose that E's books are really more Contemporary than they are Chick-lit, but the line between the two is blurry at best. I think the only real difference between, say, An Abundance of Katherines and The Disreputable History is that one was written by a guy and a has a guy as the protagonist and the other was written by a woman and has a girl as potagonist. Maybe shunting all "girl books" into the chick-lit catagory is sexist, I'm sure that male Twilight fans would agree, though I don't generally mingle with that set as I find to be a bit over zealous about a series that was mediocre at best.
    Okay, I've taken up entirely too much of your time. I'm going to stop typing now.

    ReplyDelete

Oh thanks. You're pretty.